TAGS000 summer raffleGorta €5Music Limerick Watch the streamed gig for Fergal Nash album launch NewsCommunityGorta RaffleBy Guest Writer – July 30, 2013 911 #HearThis: New music and video from Limerick rapper Strange Boy Email Twitter WhatsApp Celebrating a ground breaking year in music from Limerick New Music: 40Hurtz Print TICKETS for the first Gorta €5,000 summer raffle are now available at the Gorta shop in High Street.The overall winner of the raffle will receive a total prize of €5,000 with second and third prizes set at €2,000 and €1,000 respectively. As well as this, there is a cash prize of €1,000 for the person who sells the most tickets. The raffle closing date is Monday 14 October with the winner being announced on Friday, 18 October. Tickets cost €5 per ticket or a book of 6 for €25. For more information call 061 310833 or visit www.gorta.org for full terms and conditions.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Advertisement #SaucySoul: Room 58 – ‘Hate To See You Leave’ Emma Langford shortlisted for RTE Folk Award and playing a LIVE SHOW!!! this Saturday Linkedin Previous articleLimerick GAA Club Notes 30/7/13Next article€1.5m living space for artists Guest Writerhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Facebook
She added that 76 percent of the recipients chose an e-wallet as their preferred means of receiving the incentive. Recent data also show that in total, there are around 4 million preemployment card recipients who have an e-wallet account.Recently, the government added e-wallet DANA as one of its partners in disbursing preemployment cash assistance to participants, alongside other platforms such as GoPay, OVO and LinkAja.“With the addition of DANA, we are giving the [preemployment card] recipients more e-wallet options to use as an incentive channel,” Denni said.With an economy contracting 5.32 percent year-on-year (yoy) in the second quarter, the government is confronted with job losses nationwide. Around 3.7 million individuals have lost their jobs so far this year due to the pandemic, according to data from the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas), a number that is expected to hit around 10 million by the end of the year.With a budget of Rp 20 trillion (US$1.3 billion), the preemployment card program is aimed at combining social assistance with upskilling for people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, including workers and small business owners. It offers monthly assistance of Rp 3.5 million for four months to cover training costs and cash benefits.Read also: Preemployment card program resumes, prioritizing pandemic-hit workersThe government is currently aiming to cover 5.6 million eligible preemployment recipients by October.Denni stated that the recipients of the program had been on target, with most being 18-35-year-olds, unemployed or working in the informal sector, and had not received any training prior.The committee’s recent survey also showed that 11 percent of the 1.2 million preemployment card program incentive recipients found a job after finishing the program, mostly as small and medium entrepreneurs.Indonesian E-commerce Association (IdEA) chairman Bima Laga said one of the most popular training topics among the government’s e-commerce partner for the program was entrepreneurship.“The use of e-commerce for the program also boosts financial and digital inclusivity as people have to board online platforms to join,” he said. (eyc) The government’s preemployment card program has prompted 728,000 underbanked people to board e-wallet platforms and create a bank account for the first time, hence aiding financial inclusion in the country, the program director has said.Preemployment program executive director Denni P. Purbasari said that currently, there were 5.59 million preemployment card recipients across the country, from 36.6 million online registrants.“Before joining the preemployment program, 13 percent [of the recipients] did not have an e-wallet or access to the bank, now they do. This 13 percent amounts to around 728,000 people,” Denni said during a press briefing on Wednesday. Topics :
Norwegian oil and gas company OKEA has completed the acquisition of a package of Shell’s interests on the Norwegian Continental Shelf and is now taking over the operator role on one of the fields. Draugen; Source: Wiki Commons – Author: Sven Mandel – under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license Shell’s Norwegian entity, A/S Norske Shell, last June reached an agreement with OKEA to sell its entire 44.56% interest in Draugen field and 12% interest in Gjøa in Norway for NOK 4.5 billion ($525M).The acquisition also included the office building “Råket” in Kristiansund, Norway.The Norwegian authorities gave the green light for Shell’s proposed sale to OKEA in early November.Shell said on Friday that, with the deal completion, the company is exiting its 44.56% operated interest in the Draugen field and 12% non-operated interest in the Gjøa field, representing approximately 14% of A/S Norske Shell’s total production in 2017.In a separate statement on Friday, OKEA said it will assume operatorship of the Draugen field effective from November 30, 2018. As part of this transaction, 153 employees will transfer from Shell to OKEA.OKEA’s CEO, Erik Haugane, said: “We are very pleased with the work that we have accomplished with Shell since the signing of the agreement on 20 June 2018. Thanks to our comprehensive and dedicated work together, we are able to close this transaction on schedule. This is the beginning of a new chapter for OKEA, as operator of one of the most prestigious fields on the NCS.”Rich Denny, Managing Director of A/S Norske Shell, said: “Today’s deal completion was achieved despite a tight timeline from the sales and purchase agreement in June 2018. It was made possible by good collaboration between Shell and OKEA and with constructive dialogue with the Norwegian Authorities.”This deal was part of Shell’s global $30 billion divestment program.Offshore Energy Today Staff
OPENER Devon Smith fell agonisingly short of his 33rd first-class century, but despite his effort, the advantage is still with the Guyana Jaguars, as the hosts closes in on victory against the Windward Islands Volcanoes at the end of the penultimate day yesterday at the National Stadium, Providence.The tourists could only set a modest total of 165 for the hosts to chase, and at stumps on day three of the sixth round Cricket West Indies (CWI) Professional Cricket League (PCL) Four-day encounter, the title-holders were 104-4, 61 runs short of the victory target.For the Volcanoes there was little to be positive about, although Smith did at least offer some resistance in their second innings, battling to 95, but it was generally another disappointed batting display, as they were bowled out for 241.When the hosts chase began, they lost Tagenarine Chanderpaul off the sixth ball into the innings without scoring, before the demise of skipper Leon Johnson (12), Chanderpaul Hemraj (19) and Shivnarine Chanderpaul (11) during the final session of play, but any further hope the visitors had of making the Jaguars uncomfortable was withdrawn by Vishaul Singh and Anthony Bramble.Singh remained unbeaten on 48 while Bramble is on ten.Earlier, rain delayed the start of play by 45 minutes, with the tourists, batting a second time, resumed on 127-6, an overall lead of 50 runs.Smith, who resumed on 49, immediately brought up his fifty with a boundary off left-arm spinner Veerasammy Permaul. The 36-year-old was joined by his nephew Dennis Smith at the start of the day’s play, and together they showed no signs of nerves, as they frustrated the home side for most of the session.As the partnership flourished, both batsmen played freely, mixing caution with aggression before Permaul (2-79) brought an end to the 68-run stand when he had Dennis Smith trapped leg before wicket for a 74-ball 28, at 196-7.Soon after, Smith was bowled between bat/pad by Gudakesh Motie (2-46), an innings which spanned 271 minutes, 185 balls, with seven fours and a six.However, Shane Shillingford and Delorn Johnson survived until lunch at 214-8, with the visitors leading by 137.After the interval, Keemo Paul (2-56) removed Johnson with the first delivery of the second new ball before rain intervened. Soon after the resumption, pacer Keon Joseph (2-29) claimed the final wicket of Shillingford for 26. Medium pacer Sherefane Rutherford (2-19) was the other successful bowler for the Jaguars.After losing the 21-year-old Chanderpaul, leg before wicket to Johnson, Hemraj and Johnson took the hosts to tea at 23-1, but the Jaguars skipper was bowled by Johnson soon after the interval before Hemraj was trapped in front to Kyle Mayers.However, both Chanderpaul and Singh were given chances, with the 43-year-old dropped on eight while Singh was put down when he was on 30 and 41, as the visitors bowlers bowled in the right areas and troubled the left-handed pair constantly.But, the ever-reliable Chanderpaul was taken at first slip off Shillingford just before the close. Singh and Bramble then continued their defiance till the end. Play resumes today at 09:00hrs.Windward Islands first innings 117; Guyana Jaguars first innings 184Windward Islands Volcanoes 2nd innings (O/N 127-6)D. Smith b Motie 95T. Theophile c wk Bramble b Joseph 16T. Gabriel b Rutherford 9M. Bascombe lbw b Rutherford 9R. Cato lbw b Motie 4D. Hector lbw b Permaul 20K. Mayers b Paul 11Dennis Smith lbw b Permaul 28S. Shillingford c Paul b Joseph 26D. Johnson c Rutherford b Paul 6S. Lewis not out 0Extras: (nb-3, b-9, lb-3)Total: (all out; 84.1 overs) 241Fall of wickets: 1-27, 2-45, 3-56, 4-71, 5-102, 6-127, 7-196, 8-206, 9-236, 10-241Bowling: Joseph 12.1-3-29-2, 18-3-56-2, Permaul 30-4-79-2, Rutherford 6-0-19-2, Motie 18-2-46-2GUYANA JAGUARS 2nd inningsT. Chanderpaul lbw b Johnson 0C. Hemraj lbw b Mayers 19L. Johnson b Johnson 12V. Singh not out 48S. Chanderpaul c Devon Smith b Shillingford 11A. Bramble not out 10Extras: (nb-3, b-1) 4Total: (four wickets; 32.4 overs) 104Fall of wickets: 1-0, 2-28, 3-51, 4-88Bowling: Johnson 7-1-24-2, Lewis 8-1-30-0, Mayers 7-3-20-1, Shillingford 10-0-25-1, Theophile .4-0-4-0
Opening up those platforms would give folks in L.A. who currently don’t have Spectrum another option. Additionally, it would remove what are patently ridiculous coverage restrictions in various regions. For example, people in Hawaii – 2,500 miles or so from California – can’t stream Dodgers, Angels, Giants, A’s and Padres games. Those in Las Vegas are prevented from watching all of those plus the Diamondbacks. And those in Des Moines are shut out of the Cubs, White Sox, Royals, Twins, Brewers and Cardinals. Absurd, isn’t it?Another fix: Mandate that every MLB team put 40-50 games on local over-the-air TV, even if they’re simulcasts with the cable network. As we’ve often said in This Space, the first lesson of business is to seek out potential customers instead of forcing them to find you, and that includes cord-cutters. What sense does it make to limit your audience for the benefit of someone else’s bottom line?2. Bring back the high strike.With great fanfare, baseball reduced the strike zone 50 years ago from top of shoulders/bottom of knees to armpits/top of knees. Twenty years after that, with less fanfare, the top of the strike zone was lowered to the midpoint between the letters and the belt, meaning the top of the strike zone is now a couple of inches above the belly button.Moving that upper boundary back to at least the pre-1988 limit will force hitters to swing the bat. The result: More action and a quicker pace.3. The universal DH.I never thought I’d write this, and people who have known me for a long time might be wondering what medication I’ve been taking. But it’s time to either adopt one set of rules for both leagues, or go to a 28- or 29-man roster in the National League as pitching staffs continue to expand.After all, what’s more excruciating to watch? Pitchers hitting, aside from the Madison Bumgarners of the world? Or a position player pitching?4. The electronic strike zone.This is another innovation I didn’t expect I’d agree with, but the extreme variance – i.e., inconsistency – in various umpires’ strike zones suggests that its time has come.Plus, a bonus: It will eliminate the emphasis on pitch framing. You can’t steal strikes if you can’t fool the electronic eye.5. Banning, or limiting, shifts.I know. This is the nuclear option. But a large part of the reason why baseball has become a Three True Outcomes sport – homer/walk/strikeout or nothing – has been data-driven defensive strategy, which has become so effective as to skew the game. Mandating two players on each side of second base would at least restore some of that balance.6. Allow exuberance to flourish.The complaints about how individual players are marketed – such as the apples/oranges question of why Trout can’t be as popular as LeBron James – don’t take into account the old-school “play the game the right way” mentality that remains so pervasive. If you are too flamboyant, show too much personality or otherwise violate the unwritten but sacred “code,” someone in either your clubhouse or your opponent’s will complain. (Or you’ll get a fastball in the ribs.)It’s time to lighten up. Bat flips and celebrations are not a sin. Games in the World Baseball Classic between Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, where everyone celebrates and no one gets mad, are as much fun as anything you’ll see on a baseball field. What can possibly be wrong with that?And the more players’ personalities emerge, on and off the field, the easier it is to market them. Feel free to check with people in the NBA offices about the way that works.One final thought: It is popular to assume that younger people aren’t so interested in baseball. I would argue that if you go to a game and sit in the stands, you’ll see evidence to the [email protected]@Jim_Alexander on Twitter May I offer some suggestions? I mean, I’m sure if you follow the game you’ve thought of what you would do if you were Rob Manfred for a week or even a day.Today it’s my turn, and here’s my platform:1. TV exposure – widen it!The Dodgers/Time Warner-Spectrum/DirecTV fiasco seemed to have been a tipping point in the relationship between baseball and cable networks, a warning of the dangers of overreaching … but rumblings are that the Cubs are thinking of going a similar route and launching their own network in the Chicago area. That, too, could get ugly.Here’s a fix that solves two problems and should have been implemented years ago: Remove the “out-of-market” designation from the MLB.TV streaming service and the Extra Innings cable package. You pay, you get every single MLB game, home teams included, local commercials and all – including the Facebook Watch weekday games since there is no reason why that platform should have blanket exclusivity. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Baseball, you might have heard, is in trouble. On life support, even.Its target audience is aging. TV ratings are a shadow of what they used to be (although the same can be said for plenty of other programming). All of the devices meant to cater to millennials haven’t roused them from Fortnite, Snapchat, etc.We are overreacting a bit, aren’t we?The reports of baseball’s demise are premature, but there are signs of concern, especially from within. Baseball people might be the most self-critical creatures in professional sports when it comes to examining their game and ways to improve it. That’s the genesis of pace-of-play initiatives and rumbling about infield shifts and what in the world do we do to make Mike Trout as popular elsewhere in America as he is in Orange County?