New Ryanair routes for Shannon

Posted On Jun 4 2021 by

first_imgRyanair adds new routes BUDGET carrier Ryanair has announced new routes to Kaunas in Lithuania and Manchester as part of its Summer 2015 schedule.And airline bosses are promising to deliver 125,000 new passengers, bringing the total to more than 825,000, brining 18% growth to the airport and delivering 825 jobs.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The schedule will deliver 65 weekly return flights.In Limerick, Ryanair’s Chief Marketing Officer, Kenny Jacobs said: “Ryanair is pleased to launch its Shannon 2015 summer schedule, a month earlier than last year, with 2 new routes to and from Kaunas and Manchester, which will deliver 125,000 new customers and 825,000 customers in total, as we grow by 18% at Shannon Airport.. TAGSairportfeaturedlimerickroutesRyanairShannon Advertisement Previous articleJobs announced for NewcastlewestNext articleHuge jump in numbers on trolleys in Limerick Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. Facebook Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Email WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads NewsBreaking newsNew Ryanair routes for ShannonBy Bernie English – October 7, 2014 601 center_img Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live WhatsApp Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories Linkedin RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Print Twitter Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live last_img read more


San Juan mayor says that deaths following Hurricane Maria still haunt her

Posted On May 18 2021 by

first_imgiStock/Thinkstock(SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico) — San Juan mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz called Tuesday’s announcement of new death toll estimates in Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria “a day of collective mourning” for the weather-battered island.“It was a very painful day… but it came to put a number on what we already know – that the total death toll was not correct and that the government was not telling the truth,” Yulin Cruz told ABC News.Researchers at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health estimated that between Sept. 20 and Dec. 31, there were 4,645 “excess deaths,” according to the report in the New England Journal of Medicine.The researchers say the death toll may be more than 70 times the official estimate. Puerto Rico’s official government death toll currently stands at 64.“This number [is] for “when government don’t do what they are supposed to do,” the mayor said as she pointed to a hat bearing the numbers 4,645 as a reminder of the hurricane’s deadly toll. (flipped this sentence around).“It isn’t the smiles of the ones I got to that will haunt me forever, it is the pain of those we didn’t get to that will stick with me forever,” an emotional Yulin Cruz said.The Harvard report relied on household surveys to generate the estimate, which researchers said had a margin of error of plus or minus 3,852, meaning the actual number of deaths could be as low as 793 or as high as 8,498. However. Researchers said the likely figure is about 5,000. The mayor of Puerto Rico’s capital has been a fierce critic of the Trump administration. In the days following Maria, Trump visited the island and said “every death is a horror.“But if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died, and you look at what happened here,” he continued, “sixteen versus literally thousands of people.” “Not one tweet from a man that tweets about the sunrise…to say, people of Puerto Rico, we are sorry, “ a frustrated Yulin Cruz said.“Don’t accept the blame, because Lord knows he is incapable of doing,” she said of Trump. “But just say sorry, I’m sorry that lives were lost.”The Atlantic hurricane season starts on Friday – something that Yulin Cruz says the island is not equipped to handle again.“Puerto Rico is not prepared…we’ve learned about the things we fell short and we are in a better position to handle them,” she said. “We hope that we do not have to handle them anymore,” she said.Her “4,645“ hat is just one of the small reminders she keeps more than eight months after Maria.“I wrote with chalk on my wall ‘NEVER AGAIN’ and the number 4,645,” she said.“These are people – grandparents and mothers and children that will never be able to live because others weren’t able to help them survive.”Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more


Supreme Court JNC now accepting applications

Posted On Dec 19 2020 by

first_imgThe Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission is seeking applicants to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Justice Major B. Harding effective August 31.According to the state constitution, each of the five appellate districts must have at least one Supreme Court justice who is a resident of the district at the time of his/her original appointment. Based on the court’s present composition, Justice Harding’s seat will be an at-large vacancy.Applicants must have been a member of the Bar for the preceding 10 years and a registered voter. Applications may be obtained from the Florida Bar’s Web site by clicking here or by calling JNC Chair Andrew Grigsby at (305) 358-7747.Eleven copies of the completed application, with attachments, must be returned to Grigsby at 200 S. Biscayne Blvd., Suite 800, Miami 33131, no later than 5 p.m. May 17.On May 23 the JNC will meet from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at The Florida Bar’s Tampa Airport Marriott Hotel office in suite C-49 to conduct a brief organizational and planing session, followed by a closed deliberation session to select applicants for interview.On June 5, (6 and 7, if necessary,) the JNC will again meet at the Bar’s Tampa office to conduct applicant interviews, followed by closed deliberations to select nominees. An interview schedule will be released as soon as it is prepared. Those currently serving on the JNC are: Grigsby; John E. Fisher, vice chair, Orlando; Olga M. Calvet, Lake Buena Vista; Dean C. Colson, Coral Gables; Philip Freidin, Miami; Tina M. Matte, Ft. Myers; Joseph P. Milton, Jacksonville; Kevin R. Neal, Tallahassee; and Mary Kleyla Phillips, Jacksonville. Supreme Court JNC now accepting applications Supreme Court JNC now accepting applicationscenter_img May 1, 2002 clicking here Regular Newslast_img read more


Spectator safety paramount for second round of Drag Racing

Posted On Sep 18 2020 by

first_imgTHE added emphasis of safety will underline the second round of the 2019 National Drag Racing championship.Billed for the South Dakota Drag Strip, Timehri on June 23 and organised by the Guyana Motor Racing and Sports Club (GMR&SC), the event will feature more safety for fans, marshals and competitors.According to GMR&SC vice-president Hansraj Singh, this comes as the committee is realising that the machines are getting faster and faster.“We would have extended the strip to a full quarter-mile and what we saw in round one, we are expecting to have faster cars to participate because they can have more power generated because of the lengthened track and better breaking and with the installation of the launch pad, better starts,” Singh shared.As the sport grows and Hansraj believes it will benefit Guyana greatly, GMR&SC, he pledged, will maintain their safety standards. “Once the cars are going faster, then definitely safety becomes a bigger issue. Safety is of utmost paramountcy at this time and we are constantly upgrading the facility (South Dakota) to make it safe for everyone including the fans, racers and marshals.Meanwhile, last week, president of the GMR&SC, Rameez Mohamed, confirmed via correspondence to the media that Team Mohamed’s newly acquired white Nissan GT-R is set to finally make its competitive debut at the event after missing out in March due to transmission issues.Over 100 competitors are expected to register for the event which will see the driver with the fastest reaction win $20 000.More importantly, Del Ice Co has sponsored cash prizes for the fastest 10-second ($200 000), 11-second ($150 000) and 12-second ($100 000) cars.Sponsors for the event include Platinum Car Show, KFC, Supreme Bets, R. Kissoon Contracting Services, Deryck  Jaisingh Trucking Service and Machinery  Rentals, Del Ice Co., Mohamed’s Enterprise, B.M. SOAT Auto Sales, Prem’s Electrical, E-Networks, Motor Trend, Nexus Machine Shop, Power Line, Jumbo Jet Auto Sales, Wind Jammer Hotel, Cyril’s Taxi, A&R Jiwanram Printery, Blue Spring Water, Choke Gas Station, Miracle Optical, Special Auto, First Class Auto Spares and Sales, GT Tuners, West Coast Customs Washbay and Imran AutoworksTickets for adults cost $1 000 and children $500.last_img read more