Only three Travellers over the age of 65 in East Limerick

Posted On Jun 4 2021 by

first_imgIs Aer Lingus taking flight from Shannon? Previous articleAdare Manor restaurant awarded Michelin StarNext articlePlanning permission granted for new Primary Care Centre in Newcastle West Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie WhatsApp Advertisement Housing 37 Compulsory Purchase Orders issued as council takes action on derelict sites Shannon Airport braced for a devastating blow TAGSCommunityLimerick City and CountyNewsTraveller Members of the Traveller community and Ballyhoura Development at the launch of the East Limerick Traveller Health Assessment report.OF the Traveller community in East Limerick, there are only three Travellers over the age of 65 — less than one per cent of the Traveller population in the area.This was one of the stark findings of the East Limerick Traveller Health Baseline Needs Assessment. The study also shows that only 29 of the Traveller population in East County Limerick is over the age of 50, which is only six per cent of the Traveller community in the area.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The assessment was undertaken as a collaborative study between the HSE and Ballyhoura Development, supported by Sheila Cahill Consulting, between March and June of this year.The purpose of the assessment was to identify the health and wellbeing needs of Travellers living in East County Limerick. Although national figures and statistics are available, until now there has been no definitive research undertaken into the health needs of Travellers in the region.The study sought to establish a clear demographic profile of the Traveller community in East Limerick, and to examine a baseline of the health status of Travellers, particularly areas in need of attention, as well as identifying the key factors, which influence and affect the physical and mental health of Travellers.Ballyhoura Development manager Eileen O’Keeffe said that the link between health and the inequalities that exist in housing and education available to members of the Travelling Community cannot be ignored.“With over 90 per cent of Travellers living in East Limerick participating in the assessment, this report can be regarded as a definitive study which will help to inform the development and implementation of appropriate responses and solutions to the diverse range of health needs amongst the Traveller Community, as outlined in the report,” she explained.One of the key findings of the assessment is that less than 50 per cent of Travellers living in East Limerick were identified in the 2016 census, meaning that the Traveller community in the area is twice as large as was previously recorded.The HSE Traveller Health Unit will now consider the findings of the assessment. NewsCommunityOnly three Travellers over the age of 65 in East LimerickBy Alan Jacques – October 9, 2019 1436 Printcenter_img TechPost | Episode 9 | Pay with Google, WAZE – the new Google Maps? and Speak don’t Type! RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Limerick on Covid watch list Email Linkedin Local backlash over Aer Lingus threat Twitter Facebooklast_img read more


China reports 49 more virus cases as Beijing tests thousands

Posted On Oct 19 2020 by

first_imgBeijing has begun mass testing workers at the Xinfadi food market, as well as those who live nearby and anyone who visited it in recent weeks.Officials have said they plan to carry out virus tests on 46,000 residents in the area. More than 10,000 people have been tested already.Eleven residential neighborhoods near the market have been put under lockdown, and several cities have warned residents not to travel to Beijing.Authorities are also stepping up efforts to trace those who have visited the market, with companies and neighborhood communities messaging staff and residents to ask about their recent movements. There were also 10 imported cases on Monday, which have accounted for the majority of China’s cases in recent months as overseas nationals return home.In total 177 people are now ill with the disease in China — two severely — which is the highest since early May.There were also 18 new asymptomatic cases, of which seven were domestic. China is not counting asymptomatic cases as confirmed ones. Chinese health officials reported 49 new coronavirus cases on Monday, including 36 more in the capital Beijing where a fresh cluster linked to a wholesale food market has fuelled fears of a second wave of infections.The domestic outbreak in China — where the disease first emerged last year — had largely been brought under control but then a fresh batch of cases was detected in the capital last week.In addition to the new Beijing cases, the National Health Commission said there were three confirmed cases in Hebei province, which surrounds Beijing.center_img Topics :last_img read more


EDO 2020 NSF: Team Delta releases interventions for COVID-19

Posted On Sep 26 2020 by

first_imgNigeria’s number one sporting state, Delta State, on Monday released a set of intervening measures aimed at protecting Delta’s contingent from Coronavirus at the Edo 2020 National Sports Festival (NSF) which starts March 22 and ends April 1. Promoted ContentThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise YouWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better10 Phones That Can Easily Fit In The Smallest PocketPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti9 Talented Actors Who Are Only Associated With One RoleA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More The measures are not exclusive to the Delta contingent, it will also protect athletes, officials, the media and other participants at the festival, Nigeria’s equivalent of the Olympic Games. According to Solomon Ogba, consultant to Team Delta and Delta State Sports Commission, these interventions include but are not limited to the following. “The measures we put in place includes appropriate self-isolation period for all participants based outside Nigeria. This will be in specially designated hotels. We have made provision of 1000 wipes and hand sanitizers for all athletes and officials. We also have fully automated temperature change monitors that will be operated by health professionals.’’ Other measures put in place includes round-the-clock surveillance of contact of Delta State athletes with participants representing other states.Advertisement Ogba, who is also the Chairman of the Delta State Athletics Association, revealed that the tradition of Team Delta winning the NSF, which began when he was head of sports in Delta State from 1999 to 2007, will be maintained at the Edo 2020 NSF. Delta’s dominance, Ogba posited, is a product of hard work and enduring structure, built in place over the course of decades. “In Delta, we don’t do sports just because of the NSF, sports is a way of life for us, it is a daily thing. We have sports at primary, secondary and tertiary levels. We have training and competitions for our athletes regularly. Read Also:Edo 2020 Test The Track Meet: Adegoke seeks to extend 100m dominance After this NSF, we have the Delta State Inter Local Government Championships. We also have a solid elite athlete development programme, so in Delta, sports is not a one-off thing, it is a way of life” said Ogba. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… last_img read more


Cricket News THIS Pakistan cricketer has announced shock retirement from International cricket

Posted On Sep 19 2020 by

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Pakistan left-arm spinner Abdur Rehman has officially decided to hang his boots and retire from international cricket on Wednesday. However, Rehman will continue to play in the domestic circuit. Rehman came into fame after scalping 19 wickets in the 2012 series against England in the United Arab Emirates as the Green Army registered a clean-sweep against the Englishmen. Rehman and offie Saeed Ajmal had wreaked havoc against the England team during the series.ALSO READ: MS Dhoni has made Indian selectors really angry; Know the reason HEREThe Sialkot spin master made his debut in 2006 during the home ODI series against the Windies and was known for his flat arm trajectory. He made his Test debut against South Africa in the following year as he took twin four-wickets haul on debut and ended the series as the highest wicket taker for Pakistan. However, he was somehow lost in the red-ball format for some reasons and made his return to Test cricket after three years.Rehman is a legendary figure in Pakistan’s domestic fray and records over 900 wickets across all formats. He was a regular starter till 2014 but was dropped after 2014 tour of Sri Lanka.  last_img read more