EBD man charged with assault

Posted On Jan 17 2020 by

first_imgA 20-year-old of Lot 15 Rahaman Park, Georgetown, appeared before a City Magistrate on a charge of unlawful assault.It was alleged that on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at Rahaman Park, Samuel Azees unlawfully and maliciously assaulted Errol Dualon to cause actual bodily harm.Azees pleaded not guilty to the charge. The virtual complainant, Dualon, was a no-show at court.Representing the defendant was attorney Dexter Todd who told the court that his client has never had any interactions with the law. He added that his client “may have stolen a mango from somebody’s tree but nothing more”.He further made an application for bail, stating that his client is young and engaged, while also noting the VC’s absence.Prosecutor Shellon Jupiter indicated to the court had no objection to the accused being granted bail.As such, bail was granted in the sum of $15,000 and Azees will make his next court appearance on October 27, 2016.last_img read more


Power cut strikes parts of Inishowen

Posted On Dec 21 2019 by

first_imgA number of homes and businesses have been left without power this afternoon after a power outage in Buncrana.Up to 78 properties have been affected by the outage which was caused by an electrical fault.ESB workers are working to restore electrical supplies which are expected to be repaired by 6pm this evening (Monday) ESB said: “We apologise for the loss of supply. We are currently working to repair a fault affecting the premises and will restore power as quickly as possible.”Power cut strikes parts of Inishowen was last modified: August 12th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more


Bears doing the wild thing in OH-IO

Posted On Dec 17 2019 by

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The first photographic evidence of a black bear sow with cubs in Ohio was recorded in Ashtabula County last month, cell phone footage featuring a mother black bear crossing a roadway with at least two cubs taken by Colleen Porfillio and her daughter Jenna as they were driving down a rural road.“This is the confirmation we needed to help ensure our suspicions were on-point,” said Scott Peters, wildlife management supervisor for northeast Ohio. “Black bear sightings in northeast Ohio counties are not all that uncommon anymore, especially sightings of young males looking to establish territories during warmer months.”Wildlife biologists have logged some reported sightings of females with cubs previously, but support data such as high-quality pictures or video of a sow with cubs clearly in Ohio has been lacking until now.“Whether or not the sow gave birth to the cubs here in Ohio we’ll never know since the sighting was only a few miles from the Pennsylvania border. Nevertheless, it’s exciting to know they’re spending time in the Buckeye State,” Peters said.The cubs will stay with the sow just over one year and then they will disperse to find their own territories. Folks who spot a black bear in northeast Ohio should contact Wildlife District Three at (330) 644-2293 or email [email protected] to report the sighting, with as much detail as possible including location, date, time, and bear activity. Reports of recent/current activity are most helpful to the state agency, and sightings more than a few days old are not necessary to report.The Ohio Division of Wildlife began keeping records of black bear observations in 1993, and since that time, bears have been confirmed in over half of Ohio’s 88 counties, mostly in northeast and southern Ohio. Historically, black bears roamed the Buckeye State, but unregulated hunting and habitat loss rendered bears extirpated from Ohio by 1850. Ohio is again home to a small but growing population of black bears, with a resident population estimated to be anywhere from 50 to 100 individual bears. You can view Porfillio’s bear footage at facebook.com/ohiodivisionofwildlife.last_img read more


Panel to probe U.P. exam irregularities

Posted On Dec 3 2019 by

last_img


INQUIRER SPORTS Top 7 Stories of the Year: Manny Pacquiao back as champ

Posted On Nov 27 2019 by

first_imgWe continue the countdown with the Filipino boxing legend himself Manny Pacquiao, who made a successful ring return in 2018After yielding his welterweight title in controversial fashion last year, Pacquiao came back in style.ADVERTISEMENT ADVERTISEMENT BREAKING: Corrections officer shot dead in front of Bilibid TS Kammuri to enter PAR possibly a day after SEA Games opening Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Hotel management clarifies SEAG footballers’ kikiam breakfast issue LATEST STORIES PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion The Broner bout will mark the first time in over two years that Pacquiao fights on US soil.RELATED VIDEO MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LOOK: Joyce Pring goes public with engagement to Juancho Triviño Pacquiao showed he still has it with a statement win over Argentine strongman Lucas Matthysse five months ago in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.Boxing’s eight-division champion silenced his critics by knocking out Matthysse in the seventh round to win the WBA title.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefHis impressive victory—the 60th of his illustrious career—was also his first stoppage since 2009 back when he scored a TKO over Miguel Cotto.Pacquiao turned 40 earlier this month but he has no plans of slowing down anytime soon with another fight scheduled next month against American challenger Adrien Broner. View comments Manny Pacquiao back in LA, trains even on Christmas Is Luis Manzano planning to propose to Jessy Mendiola?last_img read more


10 months agoGenoa coach Prandelli wants more after defeating Atalanta

Posted On Oct 28 2019 by

first_imgAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Genoa coach Prandelli wants more after defeating Atalantaby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveGenoa coach Cesare Prandelli is demanding more from his players after their 3-1 win over Atalanta.Atalanta had two players sent off on the day.Prandelli said, “We wanted the win, and I think I can say we deserved it,” said Prandelli, in an interview with Radio Rai. “We played against a strong team that has been working together for years.”It was an exhausting game in which we had to give a lot, but we did a good job in countering them. The lads did really well.”I sincerely hope we can build on this victory, because this group has the potential to do that.” last_img read more


10 months agoChelsea manager Sarri: Hazard false-nine integral for defence

Posted On Oct 28 2019 by

first_imgChelsea manager Sarri: Hazard false-nine integral for defenceby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveEden Hazard brings more defensive solidity to Chelsea when playing in the false-nine position, manager Maurizio Sarri has revealed.The Belgian scored both goals as Chelsea defeated Watford 2-1 in a valuable away victory on Boxing Day. But it was Hazard’s importance in defence that lead Sarri to playing him as a striker.Sarri told Sky Sports of Hazard’s position: “In this moment we need this solution because we need to be more solid defensively and with this system we can score and become more solid in the defensive phase.”Maybe in the last match, we played better in the first half than we did tonight, but today the application was very good.”I think [Hazard] played very well, not only for his two goals, but he was good with his teammates and in open spaces. I like him in every position he is a great player.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more


Video: Colin Cowherd Explains Why He Thinks Ohio State Should Get In The Playoff Over Alabama

Posted On Oct 27 2019 by

first_imgFS1's Colin Cowherd.FOX Sports radio host Colin Cowherd doesn’t think that Alabama belongs in the College Football Playoff field, and he’s making sure that everyone knows it. Instead, Cowherd believes that Ohio State, despite not having a chance to play for the Big Ten title this Saturday, deserves the spot. His main argument? Alabama’s strength of schedule is weak, and the Buckeyes have a better loss.Cowherd also seems to be upset with fans saying it’s “outrageous” that he has OSU in over Alabama. “Why is it outrageous to think Ohio State is No. 4 and Alabama is No. 5?’ – @ColinCowherd. #HerdHere https://t.co/KbnLiiwAGb— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) November 30, 2015“I’m giving you facts, you’re giving me fiction” – @ColinCowherd tells a caller why the SEC is living off reputation https://t.co/eUweUduKrp— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) December 1, 2015Ohio State needs help to actually get in the playoff, regardless of Cowherd’s opinion. It’s very likely that in 2015, we have a new national champion.last_img read more


Valley in distress

Posted On Oct 18 2019 by

first_imgAs soon as the government advisories which sought evacuation of pilgrims and tourists from the Kashmir Valley came into effect, the Valley effectively slid into utter confusion. The build-up of troops and the evacuation both were evidently accounted as preventive measures in the wake of anticipated security threat to Kashmir from terror outfits backed by Pakistan. However, the regional political parties of the Valley could not digest ambiguity and a delegation from NC led by Omar Abdullah met with Governor Satya Pal Malik. Governor’s remarks were not very convincing but, as matters stand, could not be any better. The Governor opined that though he has no knowledge of the fate of Kashmir’s special status, he was convinced that everything is normal as of now. But the Governor asserted one thing for certain that he has no clue what may come tomorrow. Therefore, his response, evidently, did not convince the National Conference leader Omar Abdullah who now seeks a response on apprehensions around Section 370 and 35A and trifurcation directly from the Centre. The security advisory created panic in the Valley as pilgrims and tourists had to make reservations for their unplanned return. The drastic rise in the footfall resulted in a surge of airfares amounting to Rs 11,000-18,000 from Srinagar to Delhi. The Civil Aviation Ministry intervened and asked the airlines to bring down airfares for pilgrims but pilgrims aren’t the only ones who may have to fly out of the Valley. In fact, the advisory also asked NIT students from Srinagar to leave and not return until further orders. With the additional deployment of troops to the Valley and security advisory in place, curfew has been activated on streets which saw locals rushing to gather groceries, food, petrol and other essentials for future. While this is not something new to Kashmir, the uncertainty that has befallen over the state has no trail of justification but the over-used expression of a “terror threat”. The anticipation of a Pakistan-backed terror attack on pilgrims is not out of question. It is well-understood that the Valley is at the edge and any such attack would cause massive damage which is best to be avoided. Without pilgrims and tourists, the ground is clear for any military engagement should there be a need but for the locals, it is the same old story. As the citizens dwell in confusion, having no clue about why security measures have been beefed up, regional political players like Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti–who took a delegation of several parties to Governor on Friday–demand answers. The security advisory issued by the government had ripples reaching international waters as Britain and Germany warned their citizens against travelling to Kashmir. Home Minister held a meeting yesterday with top security officials of the country allegedly over the burning issue of Kashmir which has witnessed a lot of mobility in the past few hours, all based on the security advisory. The rumours are still floating whether all this is in the wake of Centre planning to do away with Article 35A that provides exclusive rights to the state’s residents in government jobs and land. Should any such move be initiated, intense protests will break out as Article 35A is one of the privileges that came with the accession of Kashmir to India. Additional troops could be instated to control the possible breakdown of public order in the wake of such a step but uncertainty does not let anything be corroborated enough at this stage. Under the President’s rule currently, Kashmir should be heading towards Assembly elections if anything but as matters stand, it looks more like a lockdown scenario. Though the presence of troops in numbers, security advisories as well as to and fro movement of the Army is something Kashmir is well accustomed to, however, combined with the evacuation of pilgrims and tourists, the situation has caused severe distress amongst locals. The status quo that Kashmir is in right now needs to be resolved soon, paving way for the resumption of normal affairs.last_img read more


Womens Basketball No 3 Ohio State cruises to 8745 win against No

Posted On Sep 28 2019 by

Ohio State redshirt senior forward Stephanie Mavunga takes a shot during the Buckeyes game against the Boilermakers on Feb 18. Credit: Colin Hass-Hill | Sports EditorThe Ohio State women’s basketball team, led by its five seniors, advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament with a 87-45 victory against George Washington Saturday afternoon at St. John Arena. The Buckeyes will take on 11th-seeded Central Michigan in the second round at 6:30 p.m. Monday.The third-seeded Buckeyes handled the 14th-seeded Colonials in their first-ever meeting. Ohio State has now won 12 of its past 13 games and has scored less than 70 points just once in those victories. An 11-0 run to open the third quarter closed the doors for any possible comeback from George Washington, pulling ahead 50-27 midway through the quarter. The Buckeyes finished the third quarter with a 64-34 lead.Ohio State outscored George Washington 25-7 in the third quarter, going 10-of-17 from the field compared to the Colonials’ 3-of-18. George Washington turned the ball over four times, which allowed the Buckeyes to run in transition.Ohio State redshirt senior forward Stephanie Mavunga finished the game with 22 points, 13 rebounds, and four blocks.  Senior forward Alexa Hart started her fourth game in a row and had 12 points and five rebounds. Senior guard Asia Doss, who sat out the entire Big Ten tournament with a sprained ankle, added eight points in 22 minutes off the bench.With Ohio State senior guard Kelsey Mitchell, the nation’s second-leading scorer with 24.5 points per game entering Saturday, only scoring 11 points, it’s hard to imagine the Buckeyes could score 86 points and win by a 42-point margin.“I think the good and positive about our team is that have just so many different players with so many different abilities,” Mavunga said. “If one person is down or one person wants to facilitate that day, someone could just easily step up. Another thing is that our team is has been really working on working as a team, playing hard, playing smart, playing together. With that comes passing more and driving and making the open shot rather than forcing it.”A 22-point second quarter saw the Buckeyes extend their five-point lead to 12 heading into halftime. The 3-pointer was not falling for Ohio State, so aggressive play from Mavunga and Mitchell powered the team in the opening half and combined for 23 of the team’s 39 points at halftime.In the first half, George Washington kept itself relatively alive thanks to 3-point shooting and questionable shot selection from the Buckeyes. But as their shots stopped falling and the Buckeyes got in rhythm, the team quickly fell behind. The Colonials’ leading scorer, senior guard Brianna Cummings, finished with just 14 points. George Washington struggled to find any sort of offense after keeping it relatively close in the first quarter, only trailing 17-12 after 10 minutes. George Washington shot just 27 percent from the field, compared to Ohio State’s 56 percent. After making four 3-pointers in the first half, George Washington made only one more the rest of the game. In addition to the Colonials’ shot not falling, they were outscored 46-20 in the paint.Following Ohio State’s victory over Maryland in the Big Ten tournament championship game, the team nearly had two weeks off since its last game. But Buckeye head coach Kevin McGuff said he was pleased with his team’s effort despite various miscues.“I think Steph got it right, in that we had stretches where we were really, really good, but we also had some stretches where we were sloppy, we had some silly turnovers,” he said. “We had some stretches in the first half where I didn’t like our transition defense, gave up a couple 3s. Overall, I think it was a really good performance from us, especially since we haven’t played in two weeks, but we just had some stretches where we could have been a little bit better.”On Monday, the Buckeyes will play the Chippewas, who upset No. 6 seed LSU on Saturday. read more