Police Responding to Report of Armed Man in Pasadena Encounter 12-Year-Old Boy With BB Gun

Posted On Jun 12 2021 by

first_img Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. 23 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it More Cool Stuff Business News Community News Make a comment Name (required)  Mail (required) (not be published)  Website  STAFF REPORT Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Subscribe Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDScenter_img Public Safety Police Responding to Report of Armed Man in Pasadena Encounter 12-Year-Old Boy With BB Gun By BRIAN DAY Published on Wednesday, August 26, 2020 | 2:30 pm CITY NEWS SERVICE/STAFF REPORT Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Community News STAFF REPORT First Heatwave Expected Next Week Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena HerbeautyStop Eating Read Meat (Before It’s Too Late)HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Vietnamese Stunners That Will Take Your Breath AwayHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyTips From A Professional Stylist On How To Look Stunning In 2020HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Sea Salt Scrubs You Can Make YourselfHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyCostume That Makes Actresses Beneath Practically UnrecognizableHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyYou Can’t Go Past Our Healthy Quick RecipesHerbeautyHerbeauty faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPasadena Water and PowerPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Top of the News Police recovered this realistic-looking BB gun after responding to reports of a person brandishing a gun in Pasadena on Aug. 26. 2018. The person with the BB gun turned out to be a 12-year-old boy. Credit Pasadena Police DeptA potential tragedy was averted Tuesday when police responded to a report of a man brandishing a gun in a Pasadena neighborhood, but ultimately found a 12-year-old boy who had been playing with a realistic-looking BB gun, authorities said.The incident unfolded Tuesday afternoon in the area of Sunset Avenue and Pepper Street, Pasadena Police Department Lt. William Grisafe said.“PPD received a call of a male seen with a handgun in the area,” he said. “Officers responded to the area as a witness provided them updates that the man was holding the gun in his hand and his waistband.”Upon arriving, the officers saw someone emerge from behind an apartment building, according to the lieutenant.The person, determined to be a 12-year-old boy, admitted he had been handling a BB gun and directed them to the place where he had dropped it, he said.Map of locations where guns have been seized this year in Pasadena, provided by the Pasadena Police Department“The recovered gun is not distinguishable as either an authentic firearm or a BB gun,” Grisafe said. “This could have had tragic results had the minor not discarded the gun and instead decided to retain possession of it.”Pasadena police have seized more than 200 firearms this year, he said.“This trend of people carrying guns is likely a result of an increase in violence and sadly, the outcome is not likely to end well,” said Grisafe.The department released a map indicating the areas where guns have been found this year. In some cases, multiple guns were found at the same location.One bust resulted in the seizure of more than 40 guns, Grisafe said. More than 20 additional weapons were seized during investigations outside of the city limits.last_img read more


County Limerick fire station to temporarily close

Posted On Jun 4 2021 by

first_imgPrint Twitter Advertisement WhatsApp NewsBreaking newsCounty Limerick fire station to temporarily closeBy Staff Reporter – September 26, 2014 1118 Linkedincenter_img Email Previous articleOpenHouse architectural festival explores 40 venues and their usesNext articleLimerick loves to cooperate Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Facebook ABBEYFEALE Fire Station is set to close for an estimated three-week period due to a number staff being unavailable for work due to illness, it has emerged this week.Limerick City and County Council has confirmed that five of the fire fighters based in Abbeyfeale have been unable to report to duty due to illness. As health and safety requirements dictate that a minimum complement must be present to maintain operations at a Fire Station, the local authority says it has taken the decision to temporarily close the Station from 5pm this Friday for a period of approximately three weeks.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up All incidents normally responded to by the Abbeyfeale Fire Brigade, which receives an average of 90 emergency call-outs each year, will be dealt with by Brigades in Listowel, Newcastle West and Castleisland Fire Stations.“The decision to temporarily close Abbeyfeale fire station is in accordance with health and safety requirements, but we are satisfied that sufficient and appropriate fire cover is being provided by the three neighbouring stations in Listowel, Newcastle West and Castleisland,” explained Michael Ryan, Chief Fire Officer.Mr. Ryan added: “Listowel and Newcastle West are located 16 and 21 km from Abbeyfeale and therefore, the Fire Service is satisfied that all response times to emergency incidents will not be significantly impacted by this temporary situation.”“The period of cover is approximately three weeks after which time normal service will be resumed. I am particularly grateful to Kerry County Fire and Rescue Service for providing additional cover during this period,” he concluded.Abbeyfeale is one of seven Fire Stations in Limerick. The six remaining stations are located in Newcastle West, Kilmallock, Rathkeale, Cappamore, Foynes and Limerick City (Mulgrave Street).last_img read more


How FIFA Ethics Commission cleared Infantino

Posted On Sep 24 2020 by

first_img Loading… Investigatory chamber of FIFA’s Ethics Commission has both opened and closed an investigation into the conduct of Gianni Infantino, finding the President has not breached the body’s Code of Ethics. Criminal proceedings have been opened against Infantino in Switzerland over dealings between the FIFA President and Swiss Attorney General Michael Lauber – the same allegations which led to the Ethics Commission investigation. The case centres on undocumented meetings that Lauber and Infantino are alleged to have held in 2016 and 2017, with criminal proceedings announced last month. Before that, a complaint against Infantino which alleged breaches of the FIFA Code of Ethics was filed before the FIFA Ethics Committee on June 21, FIFA said. “In accordance with article 59 of the FIFA Code of Ethics, the chairperson of the investigatory chamber has opened a preliminary investigation on the basis of the allegations,” read a statement. “In particular, as the allegations are related to meetings between the FIFA President and the Swiss Attorney General which have since been made the subject of an investigation by a Swiss federal special prosecutor, Stefan Keller, all further relevant facts and materials available to the investigatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee were also examined. “In this connection, access was granted to a copy of the decision of 29 July 2020 by the Swiss special prosecutor, as well as the various decisions of the Swiss Federal Criminal and Administrative Courts relating to the matter and the ruling of the Supervisory Authority for the Office of the Attorney General relating to Mr Lauber. “All of this material has been duly scrutinised by the chairperson of the investigatory chamber in the context of the preliminary investigation.” However, said chairperson “has decided to file the complaint and close the case due to the evident lack of a prima facie case regarding any alleged breach of the FIFA Code of Ethics”. The statement added: “Based on the information available to date, no aspect of the conduct analysed constitutes a violation of the FIFA regulations – some aspects do not even fall within the provisions of the FIFA Code of Ethics, or justify the adoption of any kind of measure, including that of a provisional suspension.” Both Infantino and Lauber deny any wrongdoing. In March, Lauber was sanctioned for disloyalty, lying and breaching his office’s code of conduct after committing what the supervisory authority watchdog described as “very serious breaches” before and during disciplinary proceedings opened by the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) into corruption at FIFA. Lauber agreed today to step down at the end of the month, bringing to an end impeachment proceedings against him. FIFA has previously claimed that the meetings in question were designed to show how the organisation and Infantino were willing to cooperate with the OAG. read also:FIFA teams up with African Union, WHO, CAF to promote campaign against domestic violence Last week, FIFA secretary general Fatma Samoura claimed world football was “strongly united” behind Infantino. Football’s global governing body has also insisted that Infantino will not step aside despite the criminal proceedings. Infantino became a member of the International Olympic Committee in January. Infantino became FIFA President in 2016 and was re-elected in 2019. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more


Erickson: Early thoughts on men’s hockey

Posted On Sep 16 2020 by

first_imgIt’s never too early to talk hockey.After spending about a month-and-a-half in Canada this summer, I have never been more excited for the hockey season to start.From my personal observations, it is no exaggeration to say Canadians are obsessed with hockey. During my visit, their equivalent of ESPN always had at least one hockey-related story, and more often than not, multiple stories. Being inundated with hockey for six weeks only made me long for Oct. 7.So while Wisconsin’s season opener is still over a month away, here is an early look at what to expect this season.Inexperience in goalThere are three goaltenders listed on the Badgers roster, and not a single one of them has seen time in a collegiate level game.Of the three, two – Joel Rumpel and Landon Peterson – are freshmen, while junior Mitch Thompson completes the trio.In an interview last November with Madison.com’s Andy Baggot, head coach Mike Eaves said he expects Rumpel to take the vacant No. 1 spot with Thompson at No. 2. That statement has not changed or been updated further in the last year.Last season, Rumpel minded net with the Pentiction Vees (BCHL) and finished the season with a .911 save percentage and a 2.53 goals-against average with an overall 27-12-3 record. The 6-foot-3,190-pound freshman will have to catch on quick to fill in for Scott Gudmandson, who finished last season as one of the nation’s top 15 goalies with a .921 save percentage.Despite being in his third season with the Badgers, Thompson has yet to see any game action, sitting behind Gudmandson and Brett Bennett both seasons. Before walking on to Wisconsin, Thompson played in the Northern Pacific Hockey League with the Bozeman Icedogs. In the 2008-09 season, Thompson went 20-7 with a .906 save percentage and a 2.93 goals-against average.There’s no doubt that Eaves is taking a risk heading into the season with a class of untested goaltenders. Rumpel must overcome any first year jitters and, like any smart goalie, realize he’s there to stop the puck.In light of the uncertainty that currently surrounds the goaltenders, Eaves told UWBadgers.com when Rumpel was signed that he is “going to jump right into the pipes and play immediately for us.”Let’s just hope Rumpel gains some confidence quickly.Offense needs new leadersOf Wisconsin’s top five goal scorers from last season, only one of them is returning – and he’s a defenseman.At the end of last season, both defensemen Justin Schultz and forward Craig Smith said they would be returning for their junior seasons. But in mid-July, Smith decided the time was right to move on to the National Hockey League with the Nashville Predators, leaving Schultz as the only Badger from last season to have scored double-digit goals.Although Schultz is one of the nation’s top defensemen, in a general sense, the forwards should be the ones carrying the offense. With Smith gone, there isn’t a clear leader among them.Unless the forwards improve drastically from last year or the freshmen step up, UW will have some issues. Of the top five returning forwards, only sophomore Mark Zengerle has more than 20 points with 36, but with only five goals. Sophomore Michael Mersch had the most goals of the returners from last season with eight goals and a total of 19 points.Last season, the 11 returning forwards combined for a total of 33 goals. The top five scorers scored a total of 78 goals, 18 of which came from Schultz.The stats are undoubtedly lopsided. Sure, turnover happens at a much faster rate in college hockey, where it’s rare for players to stay for all four years. Regardless, the forwards have no choice but to step up and produce many more points this season if they hope to stay competitive in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association.Schultz will make headlines, againTwo seasons ago, the Badgers finished their season playing for a national title. While they were only runners-up that year, Wisconsin received something just as special: Blake Geoffrion brought home UW’s first Hobey Baker Award.Last year Wisconsin had another chance at the Hobey Baker as Schultz was named one of the 10 finalists. With his aforementioned 18 goals, Schultz scored the most goals by a defensemen in the league in eight seasons and was the only blueliner to be among the nation’s top 40 goal scorers.And he was only a sophomore at the time.Returning for his junior year, Schultz will assist fellow defenseman John Ramage in captaining the team and add to his record-breaking collegiate career.As the strongest returning player, all eyes are already on Schultz. With a Hobey Baker nomination last season and a team-leading 47 points, Schultz should pick up right where he left off. If he plays better than he did last season, there’s a solid chance he’ll be a finalist again.But don’t get expect him to bring home UW’s second Hobey Baker. The award traditionally falls in the hands of a forward. For Schultz to have the best chance possible at winning it, the Badgers would also have to perform better as a team this year.Hockey season may still be several weeks away, but at least that’s enough time for the young Badger team to gain some confidence and hopefully turn this not-so-positive outlook around.Kelly is a junior majoring in journalism. What are your fears or expectations for this hockey season? Let her know at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter @kellyerickson4.last_img read more