NewsBreaking newsVictim critical following bludgeoned attackBy Staff Reporter – November 21, 2014 739 Print Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Linkedin Andrew [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up A LIMERICK man is recovering in hospital following a brutal attack in the county last Wednesday.The 26-year-old victim was set upon by a number of men at 11pm on Wednesday night last in Ashe Crescent, Gortboy in Newcastle West and suffered a number of injuries.It is believed that the brutal attack was carried out with a blunt weapon, before the assailants left the area in a red coloured car.The injured man was taken to University Hospital Limerick after the alarm was raised by locals and there he remains in the Intensive Care Unit where his condition is said to be criticalGardai have been unable to interview him yet and officers have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.“We are anxious to speak to anyone who may have witnessed this incident to contact us at at Newcastle West Garda Station on (069) 20650,” said Superintendnet Tom O’Connor.“We believe the culprits may have left the area in a red coloured car.”Detectives are still working to establish a motive for the attack. Email Advertisement Previous articleBuilding work starts on €25million Limerick developmentNext articleNaughton re-elected as chairman of FAI National League Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie
Loading… Promoted Content10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?A Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of ArtBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now”Chronicles Of Narnia” Fans Were Bemused To See How She Looks NowA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayWhat Is A Black Hole In Simple Terms?Top 9 Scariest Haunted Castles In Europe And it looks like The Premier League are committed to ending the current 2019/20 campaign, with all 92 remaining games being played behind closed doors at neutral grounds, according to reports.The Sun claim that every game will be played at a separate venue, with two or three grounds hosting the games, ‘most likely’ in the Midlands.The report goes on to state that grounds could even stage ‘more than one game a day’ with teams playing ‘every three days’ as Premier League clubs try and complete their set of fixtures.The belief is that a neutral ground will stop fans from turning up outside a stadium, like Paris Saint-Gemain supporters did during their Champions League tie against Borussia Dortmund last week. In addition, the American sports brand are due to begin their five year contract on June 1, 2020, which means that Liverpool could left their first league title in 30 years wearing a brand new kit, reports The Athletic. Livepool, who are currently in the last year of their contract with New Balance, are 25 points clear at the top. There is a possibility that Liverpool will be crowned Premier League champions in their brand new Nike kit if the season is extended beyond the end of May. The club announced a huge £30 million per season kit deal with the manufacturers giants last year.Advertisement Read Also: Pogba makes coronavirus fund-raising pledgeIt would also keep down the number of police and medical staff needed.The coronavirus pandemic has certainly had a huge effect on world football, and earlier this month, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp released a statement to supporters about the situation.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
As of this writing, Sagal and Zapantawere still in the hospital; their medical bills would be shouldered by thePRO-6, said Malong. “Nag-ospitalsila dahil sa sakit, hindi sa bogbog. Hindi namanpwede ma-deny ang findings ng doktor.Besides, hindi natin practice ang hazing. What we have is training para sa kanilang kaalaman, for them tobe ready for deployment,” stressed Macasil. ILOILO City – Three new policeofficers undergoing special training at the 2nd Mobile Group in Sara,Iloilo were hospitalized. There were suspicions they sustained injuries due tohazing. Patrolman Mercy Sagal and PatrolmanLoyd Zapanta were taken to the Sara District Hospital on Jan. 3 together withanother woman police officer who turned out to be pregnant. There were speculations that the copswere subjected to hazing by their training officers but Lieutenant ColonelErnesto Macasil, Special Training Unit commander of the Police Regional Office6 (PRO-6), denied this. The three police officers were part ofthe 321 personnel taking the Basic Internal Security Operations Course. Theirtraining started on Nov. 21, 2019. The other police officer, he added,turned out to be pregnant. On the other hand, the training of thepregnant police officer was ordered stopped; she was instructed to return tothe PRO-6./PN “Nagkasitsila dahil siguro sa klima. Ulan-init ang inabot nila, pero wala tayongmagagawa, part ng training ‘yian,” said Macasil. “Bakitako hihingi ng pera sa kanila? May pera naman ako galing sa sahod ko. At sakahindi ‘yan pwde sa training camp,”said Macasil. Sagai suffered from dehydration whileZapanta had pneumonia, according to Macasil. On the other hand, PRO-6 spokespersonPolice Lieutenant Colonel Joem Malong said the medical team from Camp Delgadothat went to Sara District Hospital yesterday and checked the police officersreported there were no signs that the three were maltreated. The three were hospitalized becausethey got sick, Macasil told Panay News. He dismissed allegations that heinstructed the training officers to maul the police personnel for refusing togive him money.
85o WFTL will update the story as more details are released. Boca Raton police say Addison Mizner Elementary School is on code red lockdown due to a suspicious incident.BRPD are assisting BSO with an investigation.“Two subjects are believed to be on foot in the area and we are attempting to locate them,” Boca Raton police said.Hi Brad. @BocaPolice are assisting BSO with a suspicious incident. Two subjects are believed to be on foot in the area and we are attempting to locate them. Addison Mizner is currently on lock down as a precaution. We will update here. https://t.co/XmpYCGbC6N— Boca Raton Police (@BocaPolice) January 7, 2020
Published on September 3, 2018 at 10:14 pm Contact Josh: [email protected] | @Schafer_44 Comments KALAMAZOO, Mich. — After a facemask gifted Syracuse a first down at the Western Michigan 21-yard line, Eric Dungey’s pass looked like it had been thrown too far behind. But as the receiver looked for the ball on his five-yard out route, it wasn’t too far. Not on Jamal Custis’ career night.The redshirt senior stretched his left arm behind him and snagged the ball with one hand. With possession, Custis side stepped past a dividing defender and dashed 21 yards to the endzone.“Probably my greatest catch in my life,” Custis said. “To be honest, like, I didn’t even realize I caught it with one hand, people were telling me that once I got to the sideline.”Following his six receptions for 168 yards and two touchdowns, Custis responded to a number of family and friends on Twitter who shared his catch. He even appeared as the top play on Sportscenter’s Top 10.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textEntering the game, Custis had tallied 142 yards and two touchdowns on 13 receptions through three seasons. Still, the 6-foot-5 target was one of the names in the conversation this offseason when discussing who would replace Ervin Phillips and Steve Ishmael at the wideout spots. In Syracuse’s first game without the pair that accounted for 63.6 percent of the team’s receiving yards a year ago, Custis was the lone wide receiver with a reception.“He came on and he played a fantastic game, he had a rough spring and he really didn’t have a fantastic early fall,” head coach Dino Babers said. “But I will tell you this, the last week, the last seven days of practice, he came on and he made enough plays to get the start and I’m really proud of him … it’s like an alien takeover, who’s in the body, right?”Through six seasons, Babers’ offense has produced top-tier receiver talent, even when it wasn’t inherently present. In 2012, Eastern Illinois Erik Lora grabbed 13 balls for 151 yards and two touchdowns in the season opener. He went on to breach the 1,000-yard mark in both the 2012 and 2013 seasons. While Lora excelled in his second season, so did teammate Adam Drake, who mustered 14 yards in the season opener but had 1,305 by seasons end.In 2015, Bowling Green receiver Gehrig Dieter had 133 yards and a touchdown in the season opener and finished with more than 1,000 yards on the season. In 2016, graduate transfer Amba Etta-Tawo tallied 210 yards and a touchdown in the season opener before recording an SU single-season record 1,482 yards. Last season, Steve Ishmael racked up 134 yards in game one before ending 2017 with 1,347 yards.Each receiver — besides Lora in 2013 — never had a 1,000-yard receiving season prior to their breakout year.“These guys learn what we want,” Babers said after the spring game April 13. “They go into the summer. They keep practicing. They work on the timing with the quarterbacks. And then every year that we’ve been in this offense somebody pops up that you really don’t know about, or someone that’s here all of sudden turns into something you never thought.”Custis said he caught passes one-on-one with Dungey over the summer to improve timing. He said he wants to be a reliable option and, as the oldest member of the position group, step up into a leadership role. In early August, when talking about the receiver position battle, Babers singled out Custis. He remembered Custis standing out as the best receiver during fall camp in 2016 before being sidelined for the entire season with an ankle injury. Back then, he said Custis had the potential, the coaching staff just hadn’t seen it on a consistent basis.Last Friday, Custis began many plays out of the slot, the inside wide receiver position, including for both of his touchdowns. Matched up against a safety or linebacker, Custis noted that he used his speed to blow by the defenders. On his first touchdown, he made a one step cut to his left before taking off on a fade past the defender.“I always believed I can be that guy,” Custis said. “You know this is my opportunity now, and I’m going to try to take advantage of it.”Dungey after the game said the receivers need to be better. And Babers said Monday that there were too many drops. But of those comments weren’t targeted at Custis. Through one game, he passed the test.“He was occasionally great,” Babers said Monday of Custis. “I want him to be consistently good. And I’m looking forward to being able to say, ‘Hey he’s done it again, he’s done it again and now he’s one of our guys. I can’t say that yet. I want to.’” Facebook Twitter Google+