At the initiative of the Representation of the Croatian Tourist Board in Germany and the Association of Independent Agencies RTK (Reiffeisen Touristik Kooperation), a study trip was organized in Split-Dalmatia County with the participation of 15 sales agents from agencies that are members of that association. The trip will last until October 14, and the association itself has about 3500 stationary travel agencies in Germany among its members. Thus, RTK agents visited the most important locations in the county, such as Split, Makarska Riviera and Omis. An important part of the visit was a tour of the hotel on the Makarska Riviera and other attractions in the non-board offer.In the second half of September, a study trip was already realized, which was attended by a larger group of 100 agents working in the network of stationary agencies DER Touristika. Thus, the agents, through the cooperation of the Croatian Tourist Board and the Tourist Boards of Istria, Kvarner and Split-Dalmatia County, were divided into four groups and toured almost the entire Croatian coast, all staying at the Valamar Girandella Hotel in Rabac, where they were held. and final presentations. DER Touristik has the largest network of own agencies or partner agencies in Germany, as many as 1500.The CNTB points out that the German market pays great attention to cooperation with travel agencies. They are crucial for better sales of tour operator programs, given that almost 80 percent of programs are sold through agencies. In this way, it tries to further motivate agents to offer their clients various programs that tour operators realize in Croatia and thus encourage a larger number of Germans to choose a vacation in Croatian destinations.
Bali tourism stakeholders have rebuffed an online report in a British tabloid suggesting that the resort island had become a “ghost town” due to a decline in the number of Chinese tourists following Indonesia’s travel ban.The Indonesian government imposed a ban on all flights to and from mainland China on Feb. 5 amid fears of the novel coronavirus spreading to the country.“It’s a hoax,” Bali Tourism Agency head Putu Astawa told journalists on Monday, after meeting with industry players in the provincial capital of Denpasar. Astawa was referring to an article published on Saturday in the Mail Online titled “Bali is transformed from tourist Mecca to a ghost town as Chinese tourists are banned because of the spread of coronavirus”. The article said that Bali’s “airport and city streets are lifeless” and that “shopping centres have been left empty” following the indefinite travel ban.While Astawa confirmed that Bali had seen a decline in the number of Chinese tourist arrivals, he said that tourist arrivals from other countries remained stable.Read also: Bali denies entry to 17 foreigners who had traveled to China “The declining number of tourist arrivals only [affects] the China market, or around 25 to 27 percent of total tourist arrivals. Other markets are still on schedule and no cancellations [have been made] so far,” he said.Bali Hotel Association chairman Ricky Putra agreed with Astawa, saying that “tourists from other countries are still coming to Bali”.After Australia, China contributed the second largest number of foreign tourist arrivals in Bali in 2019, with Statistic Indonesia (BPS) records showing that 1.1 million of 6.3 million foreign tourists to Bali were from China.Ricky said that in terms of economic benefits, tourists from European countries, Australia and the United States actually contributed more income to the province because they usually stayed in Bali longer than Chinese tourists.Tourists from China typically stayed four to five days while European, Australian and American tourists generally stayed two to four weeks on the island resort, he said. “This means that some 500,000 Chinese tourists are equal to around 120,000 to 150,000 European tourists,” he said, referring to the average duration of stay.The travel ban covers all flights to and from China and temporarily bans the visa-free and visa-on-arrival facilities for Chinese nationals. It also prevents all travelers who have stayed at least two weeks in mainland China from visiting or transiting in Indonesia.Read also: Govt asks airlines to slash fares to Bali, Bintan to keep tourism afloat amid virus scareThe ban was imposed as a measure to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, Hubei province, which has killed more than 1,000 people in mainland China and spread to 28 countries to date.Astawa, however, remained optimistic that Bali’s tourism would stay strong despite the ban, especially since no confirmed cases of the coronavirus had been detected on the resort island.No confirmed cases have been recorded in Indonesia.“The government has taken various measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus in Indonesia, including banning flights to and from mainland China as well as installing more thermal scanners at the airport,” he said.Tourism stakeholders in Bali, Astawa added, were also trying to attract more visitors from other countries to the island while coordinating with airlines to reroute flights that had connected Bali with Chinese cities to other countries instead.“We will attract more tourists from Europe, Australia and the US,” he said. “We will create a cheap tourist package [with] discounted airfare, hotel rates, travel agent [fees] and tourist attraction [tickets]. We are still coordinating with other stakeholders on the plan.”Topics :
Ghana coach Goran Stevanovic is delighted with the depth of his squad after drawing 1-1 with England on Tuesday night in a friendly.The game in Wembley played before a crowd of 80,102 saw mass substitutions in the second half by both sides but it did not alter the tempo of the entertaining draw.The positive performance by the Black Stars has left Stevanovic no doubt of building a team capable of challenging for major honours in future.Stevanovic made six changes to his team in the course of the game with Daniel Opare coming on in the second half.The Standard Liege full-back on loan from Real Madrid played at left back and put in a display which Stevanovic says puts him a good stead of being part of his plans in the long term.“I am impressed about Daniel Opare. He was very good and I think for the future he will be very important for the future,” the Ghana coach said. Source: Ghanafa.org
Oh No Dr. Fauci pic.twitter.com/CiLQMPmCzX— gifdsports (@gifdsports) July 23, 2020MORE: MLB’s expanded playoff format, explainedFauci is a die-hard Nationals fan who has regularly donned a Washington-themed mask during the pandemic.While his throw was off target, the ensuing humor on social media hit the mark:Anthony Fauci, First Pitch (with tail). pic.twitter.com/PEKiLzCnN2— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) July 23, 2020Fauci finally flattened the curve pic.twitter.com/I0zUwbl6OH— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) July 23, 2020Dr Fauci’s #OpeningDay first pitch is a metaphor for 2020 pic.twitter.com/on8zSip91L— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) July 23, 2020I’m not cracking any Dr. Fauci jokes because he could probably crack the Mets rotation right now— Clem (@TheClemReport) July 23, 2020Staying on brand, six feet from home plate https://t.co/bMmDQkKXo6— Joe (@JoeRiveraSN) July 23, 2020It’s all good Dr Fauci…you’ve been busy. No time for practice ⚾️— Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) July 23, 2020Dr. Fauci’s fastball could use a little work.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 23, 2020 Dr. Anthony Fauci is one of the top U.S. minds dedicated to controlling the spread of disease, not the direction of a fastball.The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases showed why he never made it as a pitcher with his terrible first pitch before MLB’s season opener between the Nationals and Yankees. In what was supposed to be an honor for his work during the COVID-19 pandemic, he instead became the butt of jokes.